Idea of the month: remix logos and symbols like music remixes
Aim to bring something new while retaining elements that made the original popular
I have been thinking about a solution for a decade: creating remixes of iconic and well-known visual design, logos or posters as a respect. Similar way as songs are being remixed, sampled and recycled in multiple genres.
Finally, generative AI made it possible to experiment with ideas in a much quicker way than doing it manually!
When remixing old and iconic logos, similar to how music remixes work, you aim to bring something new while retaining elements that made the original popular. Here are some techniques that could be employed to remix a logo:
The depth and intensity of the remix depends of the initial prompt. We can reach a level, where the original logo is just a distant hint:
1. Color Swap: Change the color scheme while keeping the structure same.
2. Geometric Transformation: Play with shapes and angles for a modern twist.
3. Negative Space: Incorporate clever use of negative space to add new meanings.
4. Scaling: Scale elements differently to emphasize certain aspects.
5. Typographic Play: If the logo includes text, consider font changes or kerning adjustments.
6. Distortion: Use digital effects to distort the logo like ripple, wave, etc.
7. Layering: Overlay the old logo with new elements.
8. Mashup: Combine the iconic logo with other popular elements or symbols.
9. Animation: Turn static elements into moving parts.
10. Minimalism: Streamline the logo to its bare essentials for a clean look.
Interested in generative workflows in your industry?